Delivery and Returns
I endeavour to send all orders to you within 3 days of completion via Royal Mail. The shipping cost depends on the product(s) and your location, and will be calculated at checkout. You can opt for standard delivery or upgrade if you’d prefer more reassurance.
- Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery
- Royal Mail Signed For
- International Standard
- International Tracked and Signed
Your package will be as small as possible to safely ship your order, which helps to keep the environmental and financial impact of your order to a minimum. Where possible, I use recyclable materials and no plastic in my packaging, and I encourage you to reuse or recycle all packaging once you’ve received it. It’s possible you’ll receive your order in external packaging from another company, but rest assured it’s still an original and unique product – I’m simply trying to reuse materials!
If you have changed your mind after placing an order, get in touch as soon as possible and I will do my best to cancel your order. Once an item has been posted, I cannot accept cancellation requests.
Returns will be accepted within 14 days of the order being shipped (in the UK), or 28 days (everywhere else). Returns cannot be accepted on custom orders or earrings. Items must be returned at the cost of the customer and be in a resalable condition.
In summary, I pledge to consider both people and planet throughout my business practices.
Climate change is the biggest humanitarian crisis facing people across the planet. I strive to consider the impact of my business whenever I can, from using recycled/recyclable materials to plastic-free packaging, producing as many of my products in house as possible to promoting environmentally conscious business.
Clare Lewis Illustration stands for equal treatment and opportunities for all, and supports this ethos through product ranges and charitable donations per sale.
I am a member of Clean Creatives, and have pledged to “decline any future contracts with fossil fuel companies, trade associations, or front groups.” You can find out more about Clean Creatives and their mission here.
Privacy, Cookies and Data Policy
This Privacy, Cookies, and Data Policy (hereinafter referred to as the “Policy”) outlines the procedures and practices for the collection, processing, storage, and protection of personal data on https://www.clarelewisillustration.co.uk/ (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”), operated by Clare Lewis (hereinafter referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our”). This Policy is designed to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable privacy laws.
1. DATA CONTROLLER DETAILS
- Name: Clare Lewis
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. PERSONAL DATA BEING PROCESSED
We may process the following categories of personal data:
- Contact information: Name, email address, phone number, business name, birthday, and marketing subject preferences.
- Billing and payment details.
- Order history and purchase preferences.
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- Communication history and customer support interactions.
- User-generated content, such as reviews and comments.
3. PURPOSES AND METHODS OF PROCESSING
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing services, including order processing, delivery, and customer support.
- Sending transactional and promotional communications.
- Improving the Website’s functionality and user experience.
- Analyzing user behaviour through third-party tools for marketing and optimization purposes.
Processing methods include automated and manual procedures necessary to fulfil the specified purposes.
4. CATEGORIES OF DATA SOURCES
We collect personal data from the following sources:
- Information provided directly by users during registration, ordering, or communication.
- Data generated through user interactions with the Website.
5. LEGAL BASES OF PROCESSING
We rely on the following legal bases for processing personal data:
- Consent: Where users have provided explicit consent for specific processing activities.
- Contractual necessity: Processing necessary for the performance of a contract or pre-contractual obligations.
6. THIRD PARTY DATA ACCESS
We may share personal data with the following third-party tools and services, subject to their respective privacy policies and terms:
- Google Analytics and Meta Pixel: Website usage analytics.
- MailChimp: Email marketing and communications.
- Stripe and PayPal: Payment processing.
- Gravity Forms: Form submissions and data collection.
7. DATA TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EU
Some third-party tools and services may transfer data to locations outside the European Union (EU). We ensure that appropriate safeguards, such as EU Standard Contractual Clauses, are in place to protect data transferred to these countries.
8. USER RIGHTS
Users have the following rights in relation to their personal data:
- Access: Obtain information about their data processing.
- Rectification: Correct inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Erasure: Request deletion of personal data.
- Restriction: Request limitations on processing.
- Data Portability: Receive data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Objection: Object to processing based on legitimate interests or direct marketing.
- Withdraw Consent: Users can withdraw consent at any time (if processing is based on consent).
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
9. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
In the event of updates or changes to this Policy, we will notify users by prominent notice on the Website or through direct communication methods.
10. DATA RETENTION
We will retain personal data for the duration necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required by law.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users who register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
11. COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
12. USER CONSENT MECHANISMS
User consent for data processing and cookies is obtained through appropriate mechanisms. Users can withdraw consent as specified in this Policy.
13. AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING
We do/don’t use automated decision-making processes that have legal or significant effects on users. Users can request human intervention.
14. DATA SECURITY MEASURES
We implement security measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Encryption and security protocols are in place.
15. DATA BREACH NOTIFICATION
In the event of a data breach, we have procedures to detect, report, and respond. Users will be notified if required by law.
16. CONTACT INFORMATION FOR DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY
If you have concerns about data processing, please contact the relevant Data Protection Authority.
17. LEGAL BASIS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Data transfers outside the EU are safeguarded through appropriate mechanisms.
18. SCOPE OF THE POLICY
This Policy applies only to our Website and not to external websites linked to from our site.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
19. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Additional terms related to privacy and data protection may apply to specific services.
This Policy is effective as of the date mentioned above. By using the Website, users acknowledge their understanding and agreement with the practices outlined in this Privacy, Cookies, and Data Policy.
For any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or personal data processing, please contact Clare Lewis at email@example.com.